200-HOUR YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
Classical yoga, progressively aligned.
Yoga for ALL bodies.
Fitting the pose to the student, rather than the student to the pose.
This 200 hour yoga alliance registered teacher training instructs teachers in classical yoga philosophy and spirituality, with a progressive approach to alignment and movement. We believe in fitting the asana to the student rather than the student to the asana. We advocate for asana practice that accommodates diverse bodies and meets people where they are in their yogic journey.
You will learn functional alignment and anatomy, and explore the origins of yoga through yogic philosophy and history. Week by week, we will explore deepening meditation skills to complement your asana practice. This training will launch you into a more expansive and holistic understanding of your own practice, and prepare those aspiring to teach to step into the role of instructor.
13 WEEKS: Spring & Fall
- Saturday 1pm - 6pm
- Sunday 12:30pm - 6pm
- + Required 4hrs of independent practice/week
Memorial/Thanksgiving weekend is off.
Mar. 15 - Jun. 16, 2019
Sep .13 - Dec. 15, 2019
Whether you are wanting to take your practice to the next level or aspiring to instruct yoga to others, Namaste Teacher Training meets the requirements of Yoga Alliance and our graduates qualify for RYT-200 registration.
- Functional anatomy & alignment
- Verbally coaching students through a safe asana practice
- Theming classes around yoga philosophy
- Safe hands on adjustments & assists
- Modified asana practice with back injuries
- Prenatal modifications
- Learn to incorporate props into your own practice and your teaching as tools for both deepening and assisting
- Various meditation techniques to deepen your meditation practice
- Advanced asanas
- History of yoga and its evolution
- An in-depth, weekly study of the foundational text of Yoga, Patanjali's The Yoga Sutras
- Six different types of Salutations
- Nuances of seven main chakras, how they apply to you
- Practice & apply kriyas, bandhas and mudras
- Ayurveda basics and how to incorporate its pricnciples to your daily routine
- Learn what it means to have a sustainable practice and develop tools for self care as a yoga professional
- Most importantly, you will deepen and grow your own yoga practice over the course of this training.
What makes our training unique?
- This training is led by four experienced yoga instructors, each with unique skills, teaching styles, and areas of expertise.
- Your yoga journey is as specific and as distinctive as you are; you will be encouraged to teach from a place of authenticity that reflects who you are, and what excites you about yoga.
- You will have creative freedom to explore how to sequence classes intelligently while coaching students through a safe asana practice.
- We will discuss mindful cuing and what it means to hold safe space for students.
- Trainees gain real life experience through teaching a weekly public yoga class (Sunday 12:30pm, KARMA). All proceeds from the class are donated to a charitable organization.