A short list of rules and etiquette:
To help ensure everyone has the best yoga experience possible please honor the following guidelines.
- Wear comfortable clothing.
- Since the practice is physical, it is best to practice on an empty belly. Meals should be consumed at least 2 hours prior to class; snacks at least 1 hour.
- Every student is required to sign in at the front desk.
- Bring a mat and maybe a towel. Don’t have a mat? We have mats for sale and there are loaner communal mats for you to use at no charge.
- Keep our communal mats clean - please wipe mats clean after use with provided disinfecting wipes.
- Cubbies are available for storing your personal belongings during class. To ensure the safely of your valuables students are not allowed to "hang out" by the cubbies during class and the entrance door is locked.
- Please use provided changing rooms to change clothing and leave the bathroom unoccupied for it's proper use.
- Please mute cell phones and refrain from using them while in the studio and lobby.
- Personal belongings, especially cell phones and shoes are not allowed in the yoga room.
- Allow ample time for parking, two paid parking lots ($1/2hrs) are within one block, on Ave 51 and Meridian (behind City Bank) or on Lincoln between Ave 50 and 51. Street meters are limited to 1hr, don't risk it, parking enforcement is on top of their business.
It is recommended that you sign up in advance for classes order to reserve your spot. Students with active series can sign up in advance by signing up online through website or via our iPhone and Android Apps. All reservations are held until the the scheduled class time. Reservations can be cancelled up to 5 minutes before class. If you don’t cancel a class reservation you will be charged for the class.
You may cancel your reservation and not be charged up to 5 minutes prior to start of class. If you do not cancel you will be charged for the class. We will hold reservations until the scheduled class begins.
Please arrive on time. If you do not arrive on time for any class your spot will be open to those people eager to take your place and who have signed up for the waiting list.
You may enter the studio up to 5 minutes after the scheduled class time, given there is still space available.
- NEW STUDENTS - Arrive 15-20 minutes early for your first class to complete registration forms and get the low down on the studio. You can sign up and pay online for your first class if you want to save time.
- REGULARS - Always arrive at least 10 minutes early for class to allow time for set up, bathroom and chit chat with your fellow yogis. Check in at the front desk as soon as you arrive.
- Get on your mat before class starts to show respect to your fellow yogis, instructor and your own practice so that you can enjoy the FULL class from beginning to end.
- Our doors lock when class begins.
- If you need to leave class early, courteously let the teacher know in advance. Set up your mat in a place closest to the exit. This is to ensure your quiet exit and to let the teacher know that you are not hurt or disliking their class.
- Students will not be permitted into class 5 minutes after the class begins. No exceptions!
MEMBERSHIPS / RECURRING BILLING / FREEZING
Payment Date: The payment will run on the same day of the month each month as your original purchase date, indefinetly, until canceled by you.
Commitment: After the 3 month minimum commitment is reached, memberships will automatically renew on a month-to-month basis unless notice is e-mailed to email@example.com.
Cancelations: Memberships can be ended anytime after the initial three month commitment is reached by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We require 14 days notice for all cancellations or your cancelation may not take affect until after your next billing cycle.
Fees: $25 for cancelling 1 month early, or $50 for cancelling 2 months early. No cancelation fee incurs when cancelling after the initial 3 month period.
Holds/freezing: All memberships can be frozen once per year to allow for vacations/travel for a minimum of 14 days, maximum 3 months. E-mail email@example.com at least 14 days in advance.
CLASS PACKAGE REFUNDS & TRANSFERS
All class passes have an 365 day expiration after first use and are non-refundable or transferable from one student to another.
No refunds for classes taken or partially taken. You can receive Studio Credit for unused class packages.
Class packages can only be used for regularly scheduled yoga classes excluding special workshops, series or teacher training/development programs.
PRIVATE SESSION CANCELLATIONS
Private Sessions must be cancelled 24 hours in advance or student will be charged for the full rate of the session.
We encourage you to try on the clothes before purchasing. You can receive Studio Credit if you return within 7 days and MUST have tags attached.
WORKSHOP CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
If you sign up and pay for a workshop and are unable to attend please contact us to cancel at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled time of the workshop.
If your request for cancellation is received within the 48 hour period that is required you can get a full refund credited to your account (this credit can be used toward any purchase).
Cancel via website, app, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 323-212-5118.
Workshops could occasionally be cancelled by the studio if there’s insufficient interest or if a teacher has an emergency. If the workshop is cancelled you will be notified by email as soon as possible and you will receive a full refund or full credit toward your account depending on your preference.
KIDS IN YOGA CLASSES
Any student under 16 years of age must be accompanied by and have a parent/guardian’s signature on the waiver.
Our classes are designed for students 16 years of age and older. Students under 16 years of age may attend classes when a parent or guardian is in attendance for the same class. We require that parent child couples set up in the back row of the classroom and practice next to each other. The child is the parent's responsibility and we ask the parents judgement to only bring a child to class that is able to follow instruction and be focus for the duration of class (60 or 75 minutes).
Minors may not sit in the reception area while the parent or guardian takes a class. The front desk staff are not authorized to supervise children.
SPECIAL CONDITIONS & INJURIES
Anyone with serious medical conditions or injuries should consult a doctor prior to participating in class. Yoga classes can be a wonderfully therapeutic experience and we encourage you to listen to your body, taking the appropriate modifications. The practice should not hurt. Inform the instructor if you are pregnant or have any injuries prior to the start of class.